Sunday 15 November 2020

Poppies Frame Home Decor Piece

A couple of weeks back my Slimming World consultant, Lisa, was trying hard to motivate and encourage us during a Zoom meeting and she came out with this snappy little slogan "nourish to flourish".  A few days after I found this chunky photo frame in a charity shop and I thought it would be ideal to upcycle as a home decor piece featuring the slogan.

I rummaged through my patterned paper stash to find some pretty paper and I settled on some poppies so that determined what to use to decorate the outside of the frame.  This project provided a fantastic opportunity to use my SU! 'Playful Alphabet' dies.  I cut the letters using Early Espresso CS and some Foam Adhesive Sheets which mean the letters are dimensional immediately - I love that!  The 'Poppy Moments' die set has some leaves to go with the poppy blooms but I chose to use a leaf die from the 'Stitched Leaves' die set instead.  I used large glue dots to fix the poppies to the frame.


Supplies:
Stamps:none
CS: SU! Early Espresso Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade & Real Red 
Patterned paper: SU! 'Peaceful Poppies' DSP
Ink: none
Tools:SU! 'Playful Alphabet', 'Poppy Moments' & 'Stitched Leaves' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Foam Adhesive Sheets, large glue dots

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10