Monday 9 November 2020

Leaf Happy Birthday Card

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave made this CAS fall card which I loved.  I'd just received my SU! Love of Leaves bundle and wanted to use it so I decided to CASE Dena's card.  I didn't stray very far from Dena's design but I made mine a birthday card. 

Here's the card and envelope together.


The colour combo is Garden Green and Crumb Cake.  I used a Claina Palmer Double Stitched A6 nesting rectangle die to cut out the Crumb Cake layer.  I really appreciate how these dies are perfectly sized for UK A6 sized cards.  After stamping the sentiment I popped up the Crumb Cake layer and added a Garden Green ribbon bow and three Glitter Enamel Dots.   


Here's the inside of the card.  I inked the leaf stamp with Crumb Cake ink, stamped off once on scrap paper, stamped on the white layer and stamped the sentiment over the top of the leaf in Garden Green ink.


As I had the Crumb Cake leaf die cut shape left over from the card front I thought I'd use that to decorate the envelope flap.  I used the die that adds stitched veining detail to the leaf and glued it to the flap to finish.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Love of Leaves' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Garden Green & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Forever Greenery' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Garden Green 
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Leaves' die set, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Garden Green ribbon, Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10