Wednesday 18 November 2020

Blue Floral 80th Birthday Wishes Card

Our neighbour and good friend Kath celebrated her 80th birthday last weekend and this is the card I made for her.  I used the beautiful SU! set 'Blossoms in Bloom' and a colour combo of Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy and Whisper White.

Here's the card and envelope together.


The card measures 5 1/2" square and I embossed the right hand side using the 'Tasteful Textile' 3D embossing folder.  I inked the large floral stamp with Seaside Spray ink and then added Misty Moonlight ink to the flower centres using a sponge dauber.  I used the old, retired SU! 'Memorable Moments' set for the '80th'.  I stamped smaller flowers separately, fussy cut them and popped them up.  I stamped the smaller flowers in stamped off once Misty Moonlight ink and added Night of Navy ink with a sponge dauber.  The flower centres were stamped in Mango Melody ink and I used Granny Apple Green ink for the leaves.  I added a flagged sentiment strip and sprinkled on a few blue gems to finish the front. 


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  I popped up the die cut name label.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Blossoms in Bloom', 'Memorable Moments' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy & Seaside Spray 
Tools: SU! 'Tasteful Texture' 3D embossing folder, SU! 'Banner Triple' punch, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2" die set, sponge daubers
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! blue self adhesive gems, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10