Saturday 14 November 2020

Snowflakes Double Z Fold Christmas Card

My fabulous friends Lesley and Wendy should have been here with me today for a crafty get together but the 4 week lockdown has put paid to that!  I thought it would be a great idea for us to each share a Christmas card we'd made and have a 'show and tell' during the get together.  It's always wonderful to share inspiration, right?  Well, we can't share in person but there's always video calls!  Anyway, this is the Christmas card I made, it's a Double Z Fold card.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card front.  If you're going to use 'may your season sparkle' as a sentiment you've got to provide some sparkle and I've used die cut snowflakes cut from Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper and added iridescent gems!


Here's the card opened out.  I love the colour combo of Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue and Whisper White and the beautiful 'Snowflake Splendor' patterned papers provide a hint of purple too.  I embossed the white panel with the gorgeous 'Winter Snow' embossing folder for some texture and I popped the panel up on Dimensionals.


Here's the end panels.  I stamped the snowflake in stamped off once Balmy Blue ink and stamped the sentiment over the top in Misty Moonlight ink.  It's no secret I'm a lover of layered stamping!


Here's a closer look at the lovely texture and sparkle. 


Here's the envelope flap.


Here's the front of the envelope with a popped up name label.  I made this card with a specific person in mind and it will be hand delivered so I don't have to worry about putting it in the post!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Snowflake Wishes' & 'Itty Bitty Christmas' sets
CS: SU! Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight & Whisper White, Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper
Patterned paper: SU! 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue & Misty Moonlight  
Tools: SU! 'So Many Snowflakes' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, 'Winter Snow' embossing folder 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Blue Adhesive Backed Gems, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10