Monday 21 December 2009

CAS Butterfly Thank You

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to make a card based on a sketch from a card made by Lori Tecler. Click here to see Lori's great card - the page will open in a new window.

My card measures just a tad under 5" square and is made with SU! Mellow Moss CS. I die cut a circle out of Perfect Plum CS and embossed it with my new Crafts Too Butterfly embossing folder. I stamped the butterfly on thick iridescent vellum using Elegant Eggplant ink and cut it out. I then ran an embossing stylus along the lines of the butterfly body so the wings popped up. It's such a shame the photo doesn't capture the lovely iridescent sheen of the butterfly, the vellum really is gorgeous!

The sentiment is one long clear stamp and I mounted it on an acrylic block in a curve shape before stamping. The sentiment has dots between the words and I decided to cover these with purple crystals to add a touch of sparkle. I added some Eggplant ribbon and rounded the right hand corners to finish off the card.



Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly by Magenta, sentiment from Hero Arts Clear Design Thank You Messages set
CS: SU! Mellow Moss & Perfect Plum
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant & VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: Circle Nestability die, Crafts Too Butterfly embossing folder, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, embossing stylus
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, purple crystals

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10