Friday 4 December 2009

Creative Genius has been at work LOL!

It's very rare for me to make more than one design of a card, I hardly ever make multiples. This year I decided I would do it for a few of my Christmas card designs. I really liked the CAS white and silver card I made a while ago and so I made 9 for the ladies at my card group. On these cards I used wider ribbon and added a crystal to the stocking, otherwise the design is identical to my original card.

I may not always enjoy the process of making multiple cards but there is something very satisfying about stacking up a pile of completed cards! Hubby really liked this card design too so I plan on making a few more. For those cards I will use a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the embossed silver panel. I really love the design of the Spellbinders Snowflakes Impressabilities template but as it's made of thin metal it is SOOOO delicate and the silver CS I used is really thick and the template has started to come apart. I don't want to risk damaging it by using it with really thick CS any more.



I couldn't resist stamping a sentiment from a new stamp set on the back. I thought my ladies would get a chuckle out of it - and no doubt give me a good ribbing about it too! I handed out the cards yesterday and waited for the reaction. They made me wait ages, it took a while for someone to notice!



The stamp is from an Elzybells clear stamp set called Queen of Stamping. It has some fabulous sentiments in it! I loved it as soon as I saw it when it was released in the summer but I talked myself out of buying it. After all, it was a fun tongue in cheek set just for the backs of cards and I would only use it on cards for certain people like close friends and fellow crafters. As I've recently sold some crafty bits and pieces on eBay and had some funds in the PayPal account I've given in to my *need* LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Winter Glitter, sentiment from SU! Seasonal Wishes set, sentiment from Elzybells Queen of Stamping clear set on back of card
CS: White and silver CS
Ink: Encore Silver pigment ink
Tools: Spellbinders Snowflake Impressabilities template, heat gun
Embellishments & accessories: Stamp 'n Stuff Stardust embossing powder, silver lurex ribbon, silver Dew Drops, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jan said...

Ruth, I am new to your blog. I am admiring your talent. Love your eye for colour and all those snowmen that you inked up are quiet adorable!

01 09 10