Tuesday 22 December 2009

Poinsettia Trio Easel Card for Joanne

This is the Christmas card I gave to my fab SU! demo Joanne. She taught us how to make the poinsettias last year and I wanted to use a technique I'd learned from her plus SU! products for her Christmas card - well, mainly SU! anyway. I can't ever seem to use products from just one company on a card, I always mix and match!

The easel card measures 5 1/2" square and I used Old Olive CS for the easel part and Ruby Red CS for the front piece. The patterned papers are from the SU! Ski Slope paper pack. I used plain and scalloped Nestie dies for the layering and I embossed the white square with the gorgeous D'vine Swirl Cuttlebug folder - my fave embossing folder I think!

To make the Ruby Red corner accents, I punched out a circle and cut it into quarters. The scalloped snowflake strip at the bottom was made using the Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die which has holes in each scallop but I covered the holes with small punched snowflakes.

My stop for the easel card is the lovely sentiment from the SU! Best Yet set punched out and matted with the SU! oval punches. Later on, I added clear crystals to each snowflake on the card but I forgot to take a new photo.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Ski Slope Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Ruby Red
Tools: Plain and scalloped square Nestabilities dies, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die, SU! 5 Petal Flower punch, circle punch, small snowflake punch, DEET & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: Gold sequins, clear crystals

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10