Friday 18 December 2009

Stamper's Ten Make & Take Cards

I woke up to a Winter Wonderland today after a heavy snowfall. A perfect day to stay warm and cosy in my craft room. I made my last Christmas card for 2009 - my hubby's card. I'll share that card in a few days.

These are the two cards we made at Joanne's SU! Stamper's Ten make & Take on Tuesday night. We had such a good night, as well as the crafting we had mulled wine, stollen and mince pies - and the usual giggles!

The thank you card uses the SU! Circle Circus set. I really like this set but I have a clear Hero Arts set that is similar so I'm not sure if I'll get it or not. I do like that the stamps work with some of the SU! circle punches though - so I'll probably end up getting it eventually! I love this Not Quite Navy, Kraft and Vanilla colour combo. After rounding the corners of the blue piece I sponged some Not Quite Navy ink around it.



The second card uses another fab colour combo - Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip and White - and the lovely Flight of the Butterfly set. No indecision on my part when it comes to this stamp set - I ordered it plus the matching punch on the night! We used the lovely Eyelet Border punch on this card too - that will definitely be ordered at a later date!

The larger butterfly was stamped direct to the white panel but also stamped again on a separate piece of white CS and punched out with the butterfly punch. The punched butterfly is then popped up. Not sure if you can see the full sentiment, it says: "If nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies. Unknown". You can always click on any picture to get a larger view. I love butterflies and can't wait to get my new goodies and try out the various options the set offers!




Supplies for thank you card:
Stamps: SU! Circle Circus and Thank You Kindly sets
CS: SU! Not Quite Navy, Kraft & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: Various circle punches, Corner Rounder punch

Supplies for butterflies card:
Stamps: SU! Flight of the Butterfly set
CS: SU! Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Sage Shadow & Chocolate Chip
Tools: SU! Butterfly punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, SU! dimensionals

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

I absolutely love the butterfly card, the patterened polka dot paper and the colours, it's gorgeous!

01 09 10