Wednesday 16 December 2009

Pop Up Snowman card for Tanya

Photobucket

It's very chilly here and snow is forecast, a perfect day to stay in and craft!

I've made this card for my friend Tanya and her twins Eddie & Gemma. Ever since I got this adorable snowman stamp from my friend Jan I've wanted to make a pop up card with him. I hope the kids get a kick out of the pop up element!

The card measures just a smidge under 5" square and was made with SU! Real Red CS. I've decorated the front of the card fairly simply with a sentiment panel and punched snowflakes. I've added silver shimmer dots to the snowflake centres.



For the inside, I've added die cut swirls, more punched snowflakes with shimmer dot centres, another sentiment and the pop up snowman. I paper pieced the snowmans hat and coat and used a pencil to add rosy cheeks. I used Polar White Flower Soft to add fluff to the hat and coat. I used the Sizzix 'Swirly' decorative strip die for the snowy swirl and used the negative shape for the snowy hill at the bottom. I hope this jolly snowman brings a smile to all their faces, it certainly was a happy card to make!




Supplies:
Stamps: 'Snowman fall from heaven unassembled' by Stampendous, snowman from Hero Arts Share the Joy cling set, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Real Red, Old Olive & Whisper White, Elzybells smooth white CS
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Real Red & Old Olive
Tools: Rectangle & Long Rectangle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Bigz Pop Ups die, Sizzix 'Swirly' Decorative Strip die, various snowflake punches, Koh-I-Noor pink coloured pencil
Embellishments & accessories: Polar White Flower Soft, PaperMania self adhesive silver Shimmer Dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

They will love this..I think it is just adorable. What a cute Pop Up...Hugs. ( I need that die now) hehe.

01 09 10