Sunday 31 January 2010

Birdhouse Thank You Card

I've been having a long overdue, major tidy up and clean of my craft room. I went to put this strip of Old Olive CS away into my scraps but got distracted wondering if I could turn it into a card! The strip was a full A4 length but only measured 3 3/8" wide but I decided to make a card that would fit in a C6 envelope by having an element extend off to one side.

I stamped the birdhouse on Very Vanilla CS and cut it out with a Labels Four Nestie die, added the sentiment and then sponged Old Olive ink around the shape. The vanilla shape is popped up over the Chocolate Chip Labels Four shape. For the background, I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla CS with the Flourish Blooms Sizzix Texture Plate and sponged Old Olive ink over the piece.

After adding the Choc Chip ribbon I decided I wanted a pop of another colour so I added a Pumpkin Pie decorative corner and a felt flower with an olive crystal centre. After making this, it was back to sorting out my craft room. Oh, how virtuous I feel now I have a super tidy room - but I'm sure it won't be long before I get it all messy again!




Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Birdhouse Flourish, sentiment from Hero Arts Clear Design Thank You Messages set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie
Ink: VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink, SU! Old Olive
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Flourish Blooms Texture Plate from Texturz Plates Kit #19, decorative corner die from Cuttlebug Vintage set, sponge
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, SU! Felt Fusion felt flower, olive crystal, 3d foam pads, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

This is stunning Ruth, I love that stamp and green xx

01 09 10