Friday 8 January 2010

Trees Thanks So Much for Kevin & Peter

Another card made with my new Trendy Trees set. I also used my new Funky Forest which is a wheel stamp but I've unmounted mine and prefer to use it as an unmounted stamp with an acrylic block. I saw a card in the UK SU! catalogue that I really liked so I've CASEd that design. This card will go to our great friends Kevin & Peter to say thanks for our lovely thoughtful gifts. I really ought to make a thank you card from our two cats as they got a gift too!

The card is a standard A6 size and was made with Old Olive CS. I stamped the dotty spiral stamp repeatedly in Olive ink as a background. On the white strip I stamped Funky Forest in Olive ink, after stamping off once first. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp my sentiment centrally and to stamp the trunks on the trees. I cut out the three trees and have popped them up.

The scalloped border was made with a Sizzix Decorative Strip die. I've added linen thread and a chunky brown button. The scalloped border is also popped up.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Trendy Trees set & SU! Funky Forest wheel stamp
CS: SU! Old Olive, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red & So Saffron
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red & So Saffron
Tools: Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! linen thread, brown button, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Ruth. I love this set. I really miss SU and think they have some really great stamps..Have a super weekend.

01 09 10