Friday 29 January 2010

Recipe CD Wallet for Debs

I've been following the GI diet to lose some weight and my good friend Debs has recently joined me. I typed up some low GI recipes and copied them onto a disk for her and then decided to make a wallet to present the disk in.

I took my colour scheme from the Daisy Bucket patterned paper I used. The wallet measures 5 1/2" square and was made with SU! Ruby Red CS. I matted the patterned paper onto a square of Tempting Turquoise CS and before attaching that to the front, I attached the turquoise ribbon so that the wallet could be tied closed.

The text was computer generated using the Bradley Hand ITC font and I printed it out onto Creamy Caramel CS. I stamped a frame and then used Labels Four Nestability dies to cut the shapes. I finished the front by adding Creamy Caramel photo corners.



Then I made the wallet insert piece for the inside by covering CS with patterned paper, trimming it to size and punching out a half circle. I attached it by sticking thin red liner tape just at the sides and bottom. Then I slipped in the disk and project finished. This was much nicer than just emailing the recipes I think and it could also be passed on to someone else.




Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels no. 4 Set
CS: SU! Ruby Red, Tempting Turquoise and Creamy Caramel
Patterned paper: Poppy Petals from Daisy Bucket Garden Gate collection
Ink: VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners #2 die, circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: Offray turquoise satin ribbon

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

What a terrific gift Ruth.. I am so inspired by your healthy journey. She is going to love this. The cd holder is perfect..Great idea.

01 09 10