Thursday 21 January 2010

Silhouette Circles Thanks So Much

This is the card I sent to our good friends Debbie and Mike to say thank you for our Christmas gift and for giving us such a great Christmas Day. I CASEd a card from page 50 of the UK SU! catalogue.

The card measures just a tad under 5" square and was made with SU! Rose Red CS. The Creamy Caramel layer was embossed with the Victoria CB embossing folder. I stamped different stamps from the Pocket Silhouettes set in different colours and punched out using different sized circle punches. I stamped the sentiment in Rose Red ink, trimmed it and swiped Rose Red ink around the edges. I didn't use the sentiment from the Pocket Silhouettes set, I used the Soft Summer set instead 'cos I used the "Kind people are the best kind of people" sentiment from the Soft Summer set for the inside of the card and I thought it would be nice if they matched. The circles and sentiment are all popped up.

To finish off the card, I added some Choc Chip ribbon and a row of piercing. I then decorated the envelope using one of the Pocket Silhouette stamps. I stamped in Old Olive ink and re-inked the stamp only every other impression. I love how that looks with these stamps!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Pocket Silhouettes and Soft Summer sets
CS: SU! Rose Red, Creamy Caramel & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Creamy Caramel
Tools: Circle punches, Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder, Tim Holtz ruler (for piercing holes), paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Ruth. I love the way you embossed the back panel..Such a pretty card.. They will love it.

Billie Dee said...

Gorgeous card! I love your style. I am going to enjoy browsing your gallery.

01 09 10