Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snowman Bauble Glittered Acetate Card for Dawn

This is the Christmas card I sent to sweet Dawn across the pond. I sent a package with a few goodies and after I got home I realised the Post Office clerk hadn't asked me to fill in a customs form so I was worried it may not get to her. Dawn emailed me today to say she received it - phew! Better late than never!

Lisa Spangler made a glittered acetate overlay card a while ago that appeared on the Hero Arts blog. That's what inspired me to sparkle up this oh, so cute and happy snowman bauble. I love this stamp, just looking at it puts a great big grin on my face! Click here if you would like to view Lisa's fab card on the Hero Arts blog - the page will open in a new window.

My card is a standard A6 size made from SU! Real Red CS and I folded an A5 piece of thick acetate in half to overlay the card. I stamped the pine bough in white StazOn ink and the snowman bauble in black StazOn ink on the front of the acetate. I then applied glue to the reverse side of the acetate and added ultrafine glitters to the snowman. It's hard to see the glitter in the photo, click on it if you'd like to get a closer view. I used my pearly white glitter for the snowman body as it's opaque. My usual fave crystal glitter is transparent and the card colour shows through - yep, this card is version 2.0 LOL!

The black CS strip and dotty paper are glued to the front of the red card, so are behind the acetate. The sentiment and snowflakes are glued to the front of the acetate card. I added crystal centres to the snowflakes. I added a glue dot to the back of the red card to keep the acetate overlay in place. I covered the glue dot with a handmade by message so it's not visible through the acetate. I also tied some gingham ribbon around the spine in a bow which also helps keep the overlay in place. Dawn has several touches which single out her work and gingham ribbon is one I associate with her always!




Supplies:
Stamps: Snowman Bauble by Stampendous, Real Pine bough by Hero Arts, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Real Red, Whisper White & Basic Black, thick acetate
Patterned paper: American Crafts
Ink: White and Black StazOn inks, SU! Whisper White Craft ink
Tools: SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, X Cut small snowflake punch, heat gun
Embellishments & accessories: Art Institute glue and ultrafine glitters in various colours, white embossing powder, black and white gingham ribbon, green crystals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10