Monday 8 August 2011

Butterfly Note Book

Last week I cut white paper inserts to go inside the square recycled kraft cards we used at card group. Because the cards were square I could only get 1 insert from 1 piece of A4 paper so I had several strips of paper left over.  I thought there must be something I could do with them so I had a ponder and came up with the idea of making myself a note book.

I scored 10 sheets in half, scoring a few at a time and folded them over so I have 20 sheets in my note book. I chose this lovely butterfly paper from the SU! Sweet Pea pack to be the cover, cut it to size, scored it in half and folded it round the note sheets. Then to attach the cover to the note sheets, I pierced 2 holes through the spine with a piercing tool, threaded a needle with linen thread and stitched the cover and sheets together to form a book. I've double stacked punched Chocolate Chip photo corners to add strength to the corners.  I inked the butterfly in Taken with Teal ink, stamped off twice and stamped onto Whisper White CS.  I then traced the frame outline, cut it out, glued it to the cover and attached the hardware frame with So Saffron brads.  I used a Chocolate Chip marker to write 'Notes'. 


This photo shows the inside of the book.  After stitching through the holes a couple of times I just tied a knot and snipped off the ends of the thread.  I then stamped the butterfly in teal ink on every page.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! butterfly hostess stamp
CS: SU! Whisper White & Chocolate Chip, white printer paper strips
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea pack
Ink: SU! Taken with Teal, SU! Chocolate Chip marker
Tools: SU! Photo Corners punch, Scor-Pal, paper piercer, needle
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Linen Thread, SU! Hodgepodge Hardware frame, SU! So Saffron brads




Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10