Saturday 27 August 2011

Shabby Flower Birthday Wishes Card

This is the birthday card I made for Pam.  Pam is a lovely lady who started coming to my card group a few months ago.  Each of us make everyone a birthday card and bring it along to the appropriate month's meeting.  Except I forgot to take Pam's card to our August meeting, d'oh!  So I popped it in the post a few days ago as it's her birthday today.

I had a layout in mind after I'd seen a card in a magazine that had a large part of a circle on the front.  I started off with a square white card blank and chose some CS and patterned paper.  I then used my Circle Scissor Pro tool to cut out the circles.  I've used Bazzill Swiss Dot Textured CS and it cut beautifully - if I try to cut thick CS like Stampin' Up's!, the Circle Scissor doesn't always cut that well.  I glued the circles to the card and cut off the excess.

I've used dies to cut the flowers and leaves.  I used the Bazzill CS for the leaves and Core'dinations CS for the flowers.  I embossed each flower shape with a new embossing folder, the Craft Concept 'Stained Glass' folder and scuffed the embossing to bring out the detail.  I then made my flower shapes shabby by giving them a thorough scrunching.  I sewed the flower layers together by adding a pink button to the centre with linen thread.  I used oval Nesties for the sentiment and finished off the front with some silver metal pearls.


I decorated the inside of the card.


And also the front of the envelope.  Yay, almost a whole piece of patterned paper used for one card, that's one less piece in my stash!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Sincere Salutations set, Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, Bazzill Clover Dotted Swiss CS, Core'dinations CS in Love Potion & St. Valentino
Patterned paper: PaperMania Green Ornamental Flourish

Ink:  SU! Always Artichoke
Tools: EK Success Circle Scissor Pro, Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Tattered Florals die, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection & Leaf Prints collection dies, Craft Concept 'Stained Glass' embossing folder, EK Success small flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: Pink button, SU! Linen Thread, silver metal pearls, green gems, ultrafine sandpaper, glue dots, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

As always Ruth love your work!!! The flower is texture-lious!
Kelly xx

01 09 10