Wednesday 24 August 2011

Punched Flower Thanks - Simply Stampin' Challenge

The Simply Stampin' challenge this week is right up my street - Punch it Up! I do love using punches and dies in conjunction with my stamps, I don't know that I could do without them! I mixed some of my newer purchases with my older, and sadly neglected, SU! Slot punch.

My Baja Breeze card measures 5 3/4" square. I've used the SU! Fancy Flower and Two-Step Bird punch to make my flower. I punched two stems from the bird punch, snipped off the leaves, glued the two stems together and added the snipped off leaves - making sure to cover the join of the stems. I punched 3 Rose Red flowers, embossed them with the Square Lattice embossing folder and then highlighted the embossing with Platinum Shimmer Paint that I applied with a sponge dauber. The centre was made with a stamp from the Button Button set. I cut the Whisper White panel with a die from my new Sizzix Tickets nesting die set and mounted it onto a Rose Red panel. I then used the Slot punch, threaded a piece of Old Olive ribbon through the slot and tied a piece of Early Espresso taffeta ribbon around the olive ribbon in a knot. I used Word Window and Modern Label punches for the sentiment and added a teeny flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack. Down the side I added a punched Lace Ribbon border and I used a 1" circle punch to pop Old Olive circles behind the border. I added some clear rhinestones to finish off the card front.



For inside the card, I used the Decorative Label punch for the sentiment, the bird punch again for more leaves and the Boho Blossoms punch to cut out the stamped flowers.  I added Boho Blossoms flowers  to the envelope flap also.


Supplies:
Stamps: 'thanks' from SU! So Happy For You set, SU! Button Button set, SU! Elegant Thank You stamp, SU! Punch Potpourri set
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Old Olive & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Rose Red
Tools: SU! Fancy Flower, Two-Step Bird, Slot, Ribbon Lace Border, Word Window, Modern Label, Boho Blossoms, Decorative Label, 1" circle, 3/4" circle & Itty Bitty flower punches, Sizzix Ticket die, SU! Square Lattice embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Platinum Shimmer paint & sponge dauber, SU! Old Olive & Early Espresso ribbons, clear rhinestones

Photobucket

4 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

What a gorgeous card Ruth, I love the colours you have used and the square lattice folder looks great used on the flower like this!
Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge
Hugs xx

Amanda Burditt said...

Really beautiful card! Love the use of ribbon...I can just imagine that's great for scraps!! x

kelly said...

as always Ruth a gorgeous card, didn't know that SU! did a slot punch, I want one but I think they must be retired?!
Kelly xx

Becky said...

I really love this card - some nifty use of embossing there! Also thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
Becky x

01 09 10