Wednesday 31 August 2011

Hearts With Love Anniversary Card For Hubby

It's our wedding anniversary today and this is the card I made for Owen.  I got the recessed hearts idea from this card Becky made for the Simply Stampin' Punch It Up Challenge.  I started off with a Riding Hood Red 5 3/4" card base.  I made a template using post it notes so I knew where to punch out the hearts on the black layer.  I used the Eyelet Lace Border punch to give my black layer a decorative edge.  I stamped the gorgeous flourish from the Bliss set three times on Shimmer White CS with Riding Hood Red ink and punched out 3 hearts.  That flourish stamp is perfect to use with the heart punch!  The hearts are glued flat to the card but the black layer is popped up with 3d foam tape.

I added a red strip to the black panel.  I embossed a piece of Shimmer White CS with my Stained Glass embossing folder and trimmed it into a strip.  When I came to trim, I noticed part of the embossed pattern looked like a row of Xs - ooh, perfect to represent kisses!  I stamped the sentiment onto Shimmer White CS, used a Spellbinders Label Trio die to cut it out and added two red pearls.


I added a Shimmer White CS panel inside with a punched border, sentiment and heart.  I coloured in the heart of the sentiment with my Riding Hood Red marker.


For the envelope, I stamped the elegant frame from the Four Frames set and that's where I wrote Owen's name.  I then stamped the flourish in Riding Hood Red ink, stamped it again in black ink on red CS, punched that out and aligned it over the red image.  I wasn't sure I liked that after I'd done it but Owen really liked it so that's what matters!


Owen has to work this evening.  After the postman had been I told him I was glad that he wouldn't be home - and on our wedding anniversary as well - shocking!   The postie delivered some new stamps so I'll be able to play tonight LOL!  We've been married long enough (27 years!) for us to say things like that to each other - plus I'll be forgiven when Owen finds the Lindt choccy bar I hid in his work bag!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bliss, Sweetheart & Four Frames sets, front sentiment PSX, inside sentiment Stampendous
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Basic Black & Shimmer White
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! Heart & Eyelet Border punches, Craft Concepts Stained Glass embossing folder, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: red pearls, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10