Saturday 20 August 2011

Kelly's Card & Two Gift Bags

A few weeks ago Kelly made this lovely gift bag for the Simply Stampin' Anything but a Card challenge.  I left a comment saying she must tell me how to make one.  Kelly, sweetheart that she is, sent me a kit containing all the bits I'd need to put a gift bag together!  Along with the gift bag kit came this fabulous card.  So bright and cheery and the popped up cotton reel is just so cute! 


Here's my gift bag made with Kelly's kit.  I embossed the four flower shapes using the Square Lattice embossing folder and brayered ink over the top.  I stacked and glued them together and then added a button centre made with a stamp from my beloved Button Button set.  As always when I make buttons with this set, I punched more circles and stacked them together so the button has some dimension.  I absolutely love the buttons paper Kelly chose from the Sweet Stitches DSP pack!


Kelly has used the SU! Scallop Circle die to make her gift bags but I don't have that die - however, I do have scallop circle Nestie dies.  I used the largest die in the large scalloped circles set  (which is a tad smaller than the size of the SU! die) to make my gift bag.  I used Early Espresso CS plus some gorgeous My Mind's Eye patterned paper.  You have to make a box insert piece to glue inside between the two circles.  I cut a piece of Espresso CS measuring 18 x 4cms and scored at 5 and 13 cms on the long side and scored at 1 and 3 cms on the short side, folded all the score lines and cut the tabs.  I glued the box piece together and glued that between the two scalloped circles.  

Here's a pic of the inside piece cut, scored and with the tabs snipped.


This pic shows the box insert piece assembled.


This pic shows where I scored my Nestie scalloped circles.  Glue patterned paper to the CS circles, score both circles like this and glue the insert piece between the circles.  Use an oval punch to make the handles.


I wanted to make a bag closure for this gift bag so I gently pinched the sides of the box piece together so the handles would meet.  I punched an oval with the SU! plain oval punch, embossed it with the Square Lattice folder and added a rhinestone brad.  I glued the oval to the back of the bag and have attached it to the front with a glue dot so it's easy to open.  I then stamped the sentiment, punched it out with a tiny tag punch and tied it round a handle with a bow made with Early Espresso taffeta ribbon. 

 

These are great little gift bags - huge thanks to Kelly for letting me know how to make them! Also, huge thanks for that lovely card which is brightening up my craft room!


Supplies for buttony bag:
Stamps: SU! Button Button set
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise & Pacific Point
Tools: SU! Scallop Circle & Fun Flowers dies, SU! Square lattice embossing folder, SU! plain oval punch, SU! 3/4" circle punch, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: glue dots

 Supplies for For You tag bag:
Stamps: sentiment from SU! Vintage Frames set
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Core'dinations Aqueduct
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye That's My Girl

Ink: SU! Early Espresso
Tools: Scalloped Circle Nestabilities die, SU! plain oval punch, SU! Square Lattice embossing folder, Woodware tiny tag punch, tiny circle punch, metric Scor-Pal
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, SU! rhinestone brad, glue dot


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

wow love your added touches with the clasp and the lovely thin ribbon, I really must get some of that. Glad you liked the card,
Kelly xx

01 09 10