Saturday 23 August 2014

Deer & Trees Card & Patch Snowman Card - 52 {C}CT Aug Stash Challenge

Our challenge hostess Gill is asking us to use both glitter AND bling on our cards for the 52 {C}CT stash challenge this week.  You can't beat some seasonal sparkle!

 

I have an abundance of glitter and bling in my stash - loose glitter, glitter glues, glittery embossing powders, glittery embossing pastes, glittered CS, glittered patterned paper, glittered embellishments, rhinestones, gem brads and jewelled embellishments.  It was so hard to choose what to use for this challenge so I made two cards!

This first card features sparkly embossing paste and rhinestone brads for the glitter and bling.  I applied Gun Metal Sparkle Medium paste through the stencil onto a piece of acetate and when the paste had dried I fixed the acetate piece to a larger piece of Soft Sky CS with rhinestone brads.  I adhered the panel to a 5 3/4" square Basic Grey card base.  I stamped the sentiment, die cut two flag banners, offset them, added another rhinestone brad and popped up the banners.


Snowflake stamps are always hard for me to resist and I just HAD to have the beautiful IndigoBlu 'Snowflake Lace' stamp when I saw it.  I've stamped it in Soft Sky ink to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.  As with the card front I chose a sentiment for the inside that doesn't mention 'Christmas' as it's always good to have a card to give to friends or family that don't celebrate 'Christmas' but that you want to remember and include.


Of course, I had to show more of the beautiful snowflake stamp so I stamped on the front of the envelope too!  I added a name label and two rhinestones.


My second card features glitter glues and rhinestones for the glitter and bling.  Snowman stamps are also hard for me to resist but this one I was able to borrow, thanks to my very kind friend Lesley.  It's a large stamp so I used a 5" x 7" card base and covered the card front with snowflake patterned paper.  I got busy stamping and snipping to paper piece the snowman and I used markers to add colour to the smaller areas of the image.  Once finished I fixed the white panel to a Cherry Cobbler CS mat layer with black brads and I adhered the panel to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a label die, sponged the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and glued it to the card.  I used three different Stickles glitter glues to add a touch of sparkle to my snowman, glittering the side of his body, his nose and the holly berries on his hat.  I added rhinestones to the four black brads, to the sentiment label and to the heart.  To complete the card front I added teeny black buttons to the snowman.  


Here's a close up of the glittered parts of the snowman.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap with just stamped snowflakes and a sentiment.  I do love red and pale blue together on Christmas cards!  


So rummage in your stash and break out that sparkle and shine to create a Christmas card for our stash challenge at 52 {C}CT this week.  I look forward to seeing your dazzling creations!

Supplies for card one:
Stamps: 'Warm Winter Wishes' from SU! 'Snowflakes' set, Penny Black 'Beautiful Season', IndigoBlu 'Snowflake Lace'
CS: SU! Basic Grey, Soft Sky & Whisper White, acetate
Ink: SU! Basic Grey & Soft Sky
Tools: Imagination Crafts 'The Clearing' stencil, MFT Die-Namics 'Fishtail Flags Stax' die, label dies from Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-its #2' die set, 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, spatula, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium Gun Metal paste, SU! rhinestone brads 


Supplies for card two:
Stamps: Woodware 'Patch Snowman', SU! 'Sweet Essentials' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set, Woodware 'Snowflakes & Sparkles'
CS: PaperMania 5" x 7" white card blank, SU! Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Snow Festival' DSP pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Baja Breeze & Cherry Cobbler ink pads, SU! Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede & Early Espresso markers
Tools: Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: 'Star Dust', 'Orange Peel' & 'Xmas Red' Stickles glitter glues, black brads, PaperMania tiny black buttons, SU! rhinestone jewels



 photo RoseRuth.gif 

8 comments:

Fabiola said...

magnifique scène Ruth, très poétique et je dois avouer que j'ai un faible pour les cervidés, biz

Mynn xx said...

Both are darling, Ruth! LOVE the gorgeous scene you created on the first card and I think that paper pieced snowman is just darling! It's been nice working with you at 52CCT--all the best! HUGS! Mynn xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Ruth! Your cards are just lovely! Your glittery snow scene is magical, and I love how you've made the sentiment banner. And how cute is the paper pieced snowman?! You've paid so much attention to detail,you must have worked hard, with the inside of your cards being equally as lovely as the outside. Amazing! Hugs, Gill xx

Pia S said...

Your first card is beautifully sparkly and I love the silhouette look of this whole design.
The snowman is so cute, you did a great job paper piecing him. Such a sweet jolly card!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Ruth - you're on a roll! Love the soft neutral embossing paste on the first card. And the snowman on the second is adorable. As always the inside and envelope are gorgeous o both!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards Ruth - love the snowflakes and that gorgeous glittery scene. Great to see a snowman too! - Jacqueline xx

Peanut said...

WOW! Two splendidly sparkly cards, Ruth. Can't pick a favourite ... LOVE them both!
hugs, Asha

Danielle Vincent said...

Your creations always make my jaw drop with amazement Ruth! What a gorgeous scene you've created in this first card. Frosty, glittery Christmassy and wonderful! I LOVE your sweet snowman card too. He stole my heart :o) Hugs D

01 09 10