Saturday 16 August 2014

Mistletoe Season's Greetings Card - 52 {C}CT Aug Theme Challenge

Gill, our challenge hostess for the month, has set a wonderful theme challenge for us at 52 {C}CT this week - Mistletoe and Wine.  I am so NOT a fan of that song so I deliberately played a CD that I could sing along to in order to stop me from singing THAT song all the way through making my card LOL!

 
 
The SU! Peaceful Wishes set is long retired but it's got a lovely mistletoe image and the whole set just has a timeless quality.  I was very happy to ink up the mistletoe stamp again along with the matching wheel stamp.  For the wine aspect of the theme I decided to use a rich red wine colour and I found a lovely Bo Bunny Double Dot paper at my local craft shop, the Glitter Pot.  After I'd grabbed a sheet from the rack I looked at the colour - it was 'Wine' - so, absolutely perfect then!  I made a 5" square card from SU! Shimmery White CS and stamped the mistletoe image a few times as a background (I used Pear Pizzazz ink stamped off twice).  I stamped the mistletoe again in full strength Pear Pizzazz ink, cut it out with a Labels One die, stamped the sentiment and die cut the mat layer labels.  I attached two strips of the wine paper to the card front, glued on the Pear Pizzazz and wine labels and popped up the white label.  To complete the card front I added pearls to the paper strips and added small pearls as mistletoe berries.  


For the inside I inked the Mistletoe stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink, stamped it off twice before stamping it inside the card and I stamped the sentiment over the top in Bravo Burgundy ink.  I inked the Mistletoe wheel stamp (which I've unmounted from the wheel) with Pear Pizzazz ink, stamped onto a separate piece of Shimmery White CS, trimmed the strip to size and glued it inside.  I finished off with a narrow strip of the wine paper.


I used the wine paper to make a matching envelope.  I added a mistletoe stamped strip and a popped up name label.


I hope you'll take part in our 52 {C}CT theme challenge this week and make a Christmas card to add to your stash - singing is optional!  I look forward to seeing your cards!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Wishes' set & 'Mistletoe' wheel stamp, sentiment on front from Woodware 'Little Christmas Bird' set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: SU! Shimmery White & Pear Pizzazz
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz & Bravo Burgundy
Tools: Labels One Nestabilities dies, SU! Envelope Punch Board, label die from Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! pearl jewels, Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif 

8 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Ha - that's funny Ruth about the song. Almost makes me happy that I don't know that one :o)
Gorgeous creation - inside and out. You've stepped up your envelopes lately too. Getting a card made by you would feel like a true gift. hugs D

Mynn xx said...

Well...I had no clue this was a song until I've read it along the way in some of the DT posts! ;) This is stunning, friend! LOVE the beautiful layering! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth - this is stunning, perfect colours too - Jacqueline xx

Pia S said...

This is beautiful, Ruth! Classy design and beautiful colors, so perfect for the season!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Ruth, and the inside, as always, is just as fabulous - you truly inspire me. Thank you for your lovely interpretation of the challenge.
Hugs, Gill xx

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow - this is fabulous. Love the mistletoe stamp - so pretty and the dotty paper is just lovely. As always the inside and envelope are just perfect!

Fabiola said...

très élégante et très chic, j'aime beaucoup ces papiers, biz

Patricia Hays said...

Super job, Ruth - I love how the card looks like a gift, all wrapped up! The pearls are a perfectly elegant finishing touch.

01 09 10