Wednesday 13 August 2014

SU! Peaceful Petals - A Trio Of Cards

My friend Angela lent me her SU! Peaceful Petals set and asked me if her and Janet could use the set the next time they came to me for a crafty afternoon.  It's a beautiful stamp set and I loved having a play with it!  I made this card, envelope and tag a little while ago and after looking at Pinterest for some Peaceful Petals inspiration I ended up making a further three cards!   The ladies came round yesterday and these are the cards they made.

First up is a very simple design where an image is stamped over a watercolour wash.  I used a water brush and inks to create my watercolour background, starting with Pool Party, then Coastal Cabana and ending with Bermuda Bay.  I wet the watercolour paper with plain water first and then just brushed on the colours.  Once that was dry, I stamped the image and sentiment using VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink.  I layered onto a Coastal Cabana CS mat and adhered that to the front of a white A6 card base.  Simple but I love the look!  This design was CASEd from cards made by Leonie Schroder who used a different stamp set but I figured the stem from Peaceful Petals would work equally well.


Here's the inside and envelope.  The stems were stamped using Coastal Cabana ink, full strength and stamped off once.


Card two features a clean look with lots of white space and a watercoloured bloom and leaves.  I glued a strip of Wisteria Wonder patterned paper to a square of white CS, drew a line above the paper with an Elegant Eggplant marker and stamped the sentiment.  I glued the white panel to an Elegant Eggplant mat layer which I glued to the front of a 5 1/4" square white card base.   I stamped the flower and leaves onto watercolour paper using VersaFine Onyx Black ink, used Elegant Eggplant and Wild Wasabi inks with a water brush to colour in the images and I fussy cut them.  A Basic Black marker was used to colour the centre of the bloom and the bloom is popped up.  This design is CASEd from this card made by Connie Babbert


Here's the inside and envelope.


Card three partners the Hardwood stamp alongside the Peaceful Petals set.  I stamped the Hardwood onto Crumb Cake CS in Soft Suede ink and added Early Espresso marker lines to emphasise the planking.  I inked the edges with Soft Suede ink and glued the wood piece to a panel of white CS. I used a Basic Black marker to draw lines at the top and bottom of the wood panel, I added the black and white baker's twine and glued the panel to the front of a Strawberry Slush A6 card base.  I punched a 2 1/2" circle from white CS, stamped the sentiment and glued the circle to the card.  I stamped flowers and the leafy stem onto watercolour paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and used Garden Green and Strawberry Slush inks with a water brush to colour the images.  I used Crushed Curry ink to colour the flower centres and added a bit of Soft Suede too.  I fussy cut the flowers and leaves, glued the leaves to the circle and popped the flowers up.  I CASEd this card, also made by Connie Babbert


Here's the inside and the envelope.


A full afternoon of card making and chatting - that's a great way to spend an afternoon!  Angela and Janet have booked themselves in for a return visit in a couple of weeks time.  Before they went home the ladies spent a little time looking at some of my cards on the laptop to decide what they wanted to make next time.  I sensed a pull between two cards and I suggested that I could make a mash up of the two designs, a compromise that everyone was happy with!  I enjoy revisiting past cards and changing them up and a mash up adds a fun dimension!

Supplies for card 1:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Petals' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set, Inkadinkado 'Nostalgia' clear set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Coastal Cabana & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! Pool Party, Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay
Tools: water brush

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Petals' set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: Wisteria Wonder paper from old SU! In Colour DSP pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi & Basic Black
Tools: water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for card 3:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Petals' set & 'Hardwood' background stamp
CS: SU! Strawberry Slush, Crumb Cake & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Strawberry Slush, Garden Green, Crushed Curry & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 2 1/2" circle punch, water brush, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: black & white baker's twine, SU! Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10