Wednesday 20 August 2014

Two SU! 'I Love Lace' Thank You Cards

I needed to make a couple of thank you cards and I decided to use the fabulous SU! 'I Love Lace' stamp and use Pool Party and Island Indigo colours for both cards.

For the first card I stamped the lace onto Pool Party CS using Pool Party ink and I daubed the edges of the panel with Island Indigo ink.  I glued the panel to an Island Indigo mat and glued that to the Pool Party A6 card base.  I inked the lace stamp again, this time with VersaMark ink,  I stamped onto Island Indigo CS and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then punched out a flower using the 'Blossom' punch and layered the lacy flower over two plain Island Indigo flowers - attaching the layers together with an Antique brad.  I stamped and die cut the label, glued that to the card, added a rhinestone and popped up the flower.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For the second card I used the 'I Love Lace' stamp again as a background but instead of layering onto a mat I went round the edges of the Pool Party panel with a ruler and an Island Indigo marker.   I've introduced another colour into the mix on this card - Wild Wasabi.  I inked the 'Hey There Buds' stamp with Pool Party, Island Indigo and Wild Wasabi inks, huffed on the stamp and stamped onto Whisper White CS.  I have to confess to having cut off the 'Hey There' wording from my stamp as I know I'll use the stamp more without that sentiment!  I layered onto an Island Indigo mat, glued that to the card and stamped the sentiment.  I couldn't resist adding a butterfly, a couple of punched flowers and a few rhinestones to complete the card front!


Here's the inside and the envelope with more of those sweet butterflies.



Supplies for card one:
Stamps: SU! 'I Love Lace' background stamp, SU! 'Sassy Salutations' set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Pool Party & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! 'Blossom' punch, label die from 'Apothecary Accents' Framelits die set, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique brad, rhinestone jewel, Dimensionals


Supplies for card two:
Stamps: SU! 'I Love Lace' background stamp, SU! 'Hey There Buds' stamp, SU! 'Sassy Salutations' & 'Papillon Potpourri' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! 'Boho Blossoms' & 'Bitty Butterfly' punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 



No comments:

01 09 10