Monday 18 August 2014

Lace, Bow & Doily Birthday Card

My friend Lesley bought the Sue Wilson designed Classic 3D Bow die set and raved about it to me so I also bought a set and I love it and rave about it now too!  Lesley and I were in the Glitter Pot with our friend Jan and we both raved about the dies and so now Jan has the dies as well!  Jan asked if she could come over for a crafty afternoon to make a birthday card with the bow dies.  I was totally happy to oblige and she came round last Thursday. 

While looking at Pinterest I came across this beautiful card made by Louise Sharp and I decided that would be my inspiration for the bow birthday card.  Something else I'm raving about at the moment is the SU! 'I Love Lace' stamp and I think that's a perfect partner to the gorgeous and lacy 'Hello, Doily' stamp.  Jan said she'd prefer to make a non black and white combo card and suggested we could perhaps use a couple of the new In Colours.  I love Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon together so that was the colour combo sorted.

Louise's card has a fancy fold but I kept to a normal square card for my design.  I made a 5 3/4" square Blackberry Bliss card base but ended up trimming it down a tad so that I could get the stamped lacy panel to fit the entire card front.  After die cutting the ribbon and bow shapes I enbossed them to get that extra detailing.  I punched circles to cover the centre of the doily image and trimmed off the excess before gluing the white panel to the Lost Lagoon mat layer.  I then added a Blackberry Bliss die cut flower and I added a smaller Lost Lagoon flower to the centre of the bow.  I embellished the flower centres with silver shimmer dome dots.


I kept the lacy, doily theme going by using the I Love Lace stamp again plus a couple of stamps from the SU! Delicate Doilies set to decorate the inside and the envelope.  I inked the larger doily stamp with Lost Lagoon ink, stamped off twice before stamping it on the white panel and stamped the sentiment over the top in Blackberry Bliss ink.  I'm very partial to a bit of layered stamping!


I'm very happy to say Jan was delighted with this card so huge thanks to Louise for the inspiration!  We both want to make another card like this but with a Christmas theme - so watch this space!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'I Love Lace' & 'Hello, Doily' background stamps, sentiment on front from SU! 'Blooming with Kindness' set, SU! 'Delicate Doilies' set, Penny Black 'Lovely Day'
CS: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss & Lost Lagoon
Tools: Creative Expressions Finishing Touches 'Classic 3D Bow' die set, Sizzix 'Bunch of Flowers' Thinlits die set, 1 1/2", 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania Silver Shimmer Dome Stickers




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

No comments:

01 09 10