Friday 4 October 2019

Fancy Frame & Butterflies 50th Birthday Card

A lovely friend, Wendy, celebrated her 50th birthday at the end of September.  I chose to make Wendy a pretty, feminine card using a Petal Pink, white and gold colour combo.  As it was a milestone birthday, I went all out and made a patterned paper matching envelope too!  Here's the card and envelope together. 


The Petal Pink card base measures 5 3/4" square, I added a Whisper White CS mat layer and adhered the Petal Pink Tonic Studios 'Tea Party Square Base' fancy die cut over the top. I cut out several 50 numbers and stacked them together to get a really dimensional 50 which I added to stitched circle die cuts.  I added three butterflies, a sentiment circle and sprinkled on a few rhinestones to finish the card front.  You can't tell from the photo but I added clear Wink of Stella to the Petal Pink outline butterfly die cut shapes so they have a subtle shimmer.


Here's a side view so you can see the depth of the stacked number die cuts. 


Here's the inside of the card.  I used a gold metallic Sharpie marker to add a line above the strip of patterned paper.


Here's the envelope.  I popped up the name label and added more bling.  I so enjoyed making this for Wendy!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Wonderful Day', SU! 'Perennial Birthday' set
CS: SU! Petal Pink, Whisper White & Gold Foil sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Petal Promenade' DSP
Ink: SU! Petal Pink & Soft Suede, gold metallic Sharpie marker
Tools: Tonic Studios 'Tea Party Square Base',  SU! 'Large Numbers', M&C Boutique stitched circles, Memory Box 'Cascadia Butterfly Trio', 'Leavenworth Butterfly Trio', 'Bistro Label' & 'Chadwick Label' die sets, SU! Envelope Punch Board
Embellishments & accessories: clear Wink of Stella pen, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10