Tuesday 29 October 2019

Tasteful Textures Happy Z Fold Card

This is a Z Fold card I made for Amanda, an SU! demo in Australia to celebrate World Card Making Day.  I've used the 'Tasteful Textures' stamp set with the matching 'Tasteful Backgrounds' die set and the colour combo is Pool Party, Poppy Parade, black and white.

I made an A6 sized Z Fold card from Pool Party CS and stamped the flower image a couple of times in Pool Party ink.  I die cut the flower background from a Whisper White stitched rectangle shape, glued a piece of Poppy Parade patterned paper (from the 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack) behind and glued the white rectangle to a Basic Black CS mat layer.  I drew around the edges of the petals with a Basic Black marker to add some definition and I used the marker to add some spritzing.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink onto a Pool Party stitched square shape, stamped the word 'happy' separately in Poppy Parade ink, fussy cut it and glued the red word over the top of the black word.  I popped up the Pool Party square and added some Glitter Enamel Dots to the flower centres.


Here's a closer look at the outlined petals and the spritzing detail.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's a closer look at the sentiment panel.  I stamped the flower centre red dots using a round eraser on the top of a pencil.  Originally I stamped in full strength Poppy Parade ink but I thought it looked too dark so I stamped circles separately on a scrap of Whisper White CS in stamped off once Poppy Parade ink, cut them out with a 1/4" circle punch and glued them in place.  I liked that look much better!


I also stamped on the envelope and added a name label.


Amanda and I arranged to swap cards as part of celebrations for World Card Making Day and I really enjoyed making this card, I do hope she likes it.  I returned home yesterday from a short trip to the New Forest and Amanda's card for me was waiting on the doormat.  It was so lovely to come home to some very pretty happy mail!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Tasteful Textures' set, eraser on the top of a pencil used for dots
CS: SU! Basic Black, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Poppy Parade, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Basic Black marker
Tools: SU! 'Tasteful Backgrounds' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, 1/4" circle punch, Simply Scored
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10