Thursday 10 October 2019

Floral Double Point Fold Card - World Card Making Day 2019

I just haven't been spending enough time in my craft room lately and I'd like to change that.  Saturday October 5th was World Card Making Day and although I worked in the morning I was determined to make a card on the day.  Stampin' Up! offered an opportunity through a Facebook group to make a card on World Card Making Day and to send that card to a fellow SU! demonstrator and I happily took part!

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave runs monthly Facebook classes and I'm taking the classes currently.  Each month Dena records three Facebook Live videos.  Each video features three card layouts and at least three card designs per layout.  There's also a class members Facebook group where everyone can share their creations.  So every month you get nine card layouts and see a lot of cards as inspiration - I'm loving it so far!

One of the September class layouts was a Double Point Fold card which was a new design to me so I decided to make one.  I chose some SU! 'Garden Lane' DSP which gave me the colour combo of Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White.  I made a card plus a matching envelope.


Here's just the card.  I embossed the Mint Macaron panel with the 'Layered Leaves' 3D embossing folder.  For the main image panel I've used the gorgeous SU! 'Beautiful Friendship' stamp set.  I stamped the flowers in Mint Macaron, the leaves in Pear Pizzazz and the flower centres in Mossy Meadow.   The 'Smile' sentiment is from the SU! 'Daisy Lane' stamp set. I added a few rhinestones for a touch of sparkle.


Here's the inside of the card.  I thought the 'take time to do what makes your soul happy' sentiment from the 'Tasteful Textures' set was ideal for a fellow stamper and card maker!  A much needed reminder for me too actually!


Here's the envelope.  I popped up the name label.


How nice to spend some crafty 'me' time, it was lovely, I'm so glad I took part!  I'll be sending this card out later on today and I'll be making another card this afternoon to mail out.  There was a bit of confusion over who was sending me a card and as a result I'll be swapping cards with an SU! demo in Australia - an added fun bonus!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Beautiful Friendship', 'Daisy Lane' & 'Tasteful Textures' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Garden Lane' DSP
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: SU! 'Layered Leaves' 3D embossing folder, 'Stitched Nested Labels' die set, Envelope Punch Board
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10