Wednesday 30 October 2019

Ornament & Holly Christmas Time Card

I'm taking part in Dena Rekow's monthly Facebook Classes.  As part of the October class Dena organised a contest and to take part you needed to make a card using:
  • 1/2 a sheet of CS
  • a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of CS
  • a piece of 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" embossed CS
  • a tag
  • a 1 1/2" x 4" piece of CS
  • and a small circle or other shaped piece  
As the measurements Dena gave are for a standard US sized card I adapted the sizes a bit to better suit a standard UK A6 sized card.  I used the SU! 'Christmas Gleaming' stamp set and a colour combo of Mossy Meadow, Poppy Parade and Whisper White.  I embossed the white panel with the 'Softly Falling' embossing folder.  I cut a piece of Poppy Parade patterned paper from the 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack with a 'Stitched Rectangle' die, punched a hole and added some Jute Twine to create a tag.  I stamped the holly image onto watercolour paper and used Mossy Meadow and Poppy Parade inks and an Aqua Painter to colour the image.  I fussy cut the holly and tucked it behind the ornament.  I coloured the ornament top with a gold Sharpie and added some Whisper White baker's twine.  I popped up the tag and the ornament using Dimensionals and added a few red rhinestones to the ornament to finish.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used a gold gel pen to add strings for the ornaments and to colour the tops.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Gleaming' set
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Poppy Parade & Whisper White, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow & Poppy Parade, gold metallic Sharpie, gold gel pen
Tools: SU! 'Gleaming Ornaments' punch pack, 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, Crop-A-Dile

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Aqua Painter, Jute Twine. Whisper White baker's twine, red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10