Thursday 30 January 2020

Bees Circles Thank You Card

Each month I participate in Dena Rekow's Facebook Class where Dena records live videos showcasing various card layouts.  During January Dena made cards using a layout that featured eight 1" circles of patterned paper.  Whilst watching the live video an idea for the layout popped into my head and I just had to make the card the next day!

Instead of featuring 1" circles of patterned paper on my card I've chosen to use 1" circles of CS with a stamped and die cut bee popped up on each circle.  I thought the retired SU! 'Honeycomb' embossing folder was the perfect choice to make a background panel! I adhered the embossed panel to a black mat layer, added the black baker's twine tied in a bow and adhered that to the front of an A6 sized card made with SU! Whisper White Thick CS.  I then glued down the eight punched circles and got busy stamping and die cutting the bees.  I coloured each bee with a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends pen and added shimmer to the wings with a Wink of Stella pen.  I shaped the bee wings a bit and popped each bee up.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark, embossed it with white embossing powder and cut a label using a die from the 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set and I popped the label up and added a rhinestone jewel to finish the front.


I used some of the gorgeous 'Golden Honey' Specialty patterned paper to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I coloured the bee stripes with a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends pen.  What a fun card to make!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Honey Bee' set
CS: SU! Daffodil Delight, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Golden Honey' Specialty DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends pen, clear Wink of Stella pen
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Bee' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, 'Honeycomb' embossing folder, 1" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! black baker's twine, white embossing powder, rhinestone jewel, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10