Monday 20 January 2020

Morning Glories Happy Birthday Card

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave ran an online 'Sale-A-Bration Celebration' event that I took part in.  It was really inspiring and a lot of fun too!  Dena set us a few games and challenges and one of them was a Scavenger Hunt.  Dena provided a list of items and we had to assemble them all and take a photo.  One of the items on the Scavenger Hunt list was 'a Stampin' Up! card that features, or the actual stamp set from 2004 or EARLIER'.  I included a stamp set released in 1999 in my photo - the 'Marvelous Morning Glory' stamp set.

I had quite a collection of SU! wood mounted two-step floral stamp sets, I really loved them.  Over the years I've purged lots from my stash but I still have a few and I chose the Morning Glory set.  I suggested on the event Facebook page that it would be a fun idea to make a card using the old stamp sets that we included in our photos. Well, I liked the idea so I made a card!

I was in the mood for a pink card and a Google search confirmed that pink Morning Glories actually exist so I was good to go!  My colour combo is Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green and Whisper White.  I applied a panel of gingham patterned paper to the front of the A6 sized card and I glued the Melon Mambo Stitched Rectangle die cut shape over the top at an angle.  I stamped the stem, curly tendril and sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White CS and then cut it out using a Stitched Rectangle die.  I then got busy with my two-step stamping and fussy cutting.  I glued on the leaves and flowers, popping up a couple of the flowers, added a loop of Granny Apple Green ribbon behind the panel and popped the whole panel up.  To complete the front I added a few rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I did a bit of masking with two sentiment stamps to get the sentiment I wanted for the inside.  The name label on the front of the envelope is popped up on Dimensionals.


It was great fun to combine this oldie but goodie stamp set with newer supplies and to give my neglected Stamp-A-Ma-Jig a workout!  I had such a happy time in my craft room making this card!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Marvelous Morning Glory' & 'Sending You Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Gingham Gala' 6"x6" DSP stack
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo & Granny Apple Green
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, labels from Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-its #2' die set, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10