Thursday 9 January 2020

January 2020 Card Group Projects

We started a whole new year of card group meetings today.  I didn't make anything too challenging, just three cards featuring stamping, punching and die cutting this month.

The first card uses the SU! 'Garden Lane' patterned paper, the 'Daisy Lane' stamp set and the 'Medium Daisy' punch.  I used stitched detail dies to cut the rectangle and circle and I added a strip of Mint Macaron linen ribbon to the Mossy Meadow shape.  I stamped the leafy image a few times on the circle using Mint Macaron ink and stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink.  I stamped the daisies in Mossy Meadow ink on Mint Macaron CS, stacked two daisies together and popped the whole flower up.  I stamped a daisy again onto a scrap of Mossy Meadow CS and cut out just the centre using a 3/8" circle punch.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap.  The sentiment comes from a new set in the January - June 2020 Mini Catalogue called 'Timeless Tropical' - a gorgeous set that I'm looking forward to getting inky with!


The second card features goodies from the 'Honey Bee' bundle in the Mini Catalogue - plus patterned papers you can earn for free during the annual Sale-A-Bration promotion.  I was smitten with the bees bundle as soon as I saw it!  The papers have gold foil detailing on one side and then black and white prints on the other side, beautiful!  I adhered the foiled honeycomb paper onto the front of a black A6 size card base, added a strip of Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon to a black stitched rectangle die cut and adhered that to the card front.  I stamped the curved sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White CS, cut it out with a stitched circle die and then stamped and die cut the hive and bees.  I coloured the bee stripes using a dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends marker.  I adhered the hive and bees and then popped up the circle. 


Here's the inside and envelope flap.  I adhered a strip of gold foil patterned paper to a panel of white CS and then drew a line above it with a Basic Black marker.  I stamped and die cut the bee for the envelope flap.


The last card features the 'Very Versailles' set, a lovely set with a vintage vibe.  I debated about using a sponge dauber to edge the Very Vanilla panel to vintage it up more but I opted for the clean look instead!  I stamped the text a few times on the Very Vanilla panel using stamped off once Crumb Cake ink and I stamped the leaves in Old Olive ink.  I adhered that panel to a mat layer of Soft Suede CS, added a strip of Soft Suede CS and popped up the sentiment label.  I added gold shimmer to the leaves using a Nuvo 'Midas Touch' Aqua Shimmer pen.  I punched a large Soft Suede butterfly, stamped the text over the top in Soft Suede ink and then tapped the Aqua Shimmer pen against another pen in order to get a splatter of gold shimmer on the butterfly.


Here's a closer look at the gold shimmer.


Here's the inside and envelope.  I layered the stamping again, stamping the text first followed by the leaves.


All three of my cards were a hit, yay!  I love my group of ladies, we had a lovely afternoon, as always!  Special thanks to Margaret A who brought along delicious home made cakes even though we had no birthdays to celebrate - an absolute treat!

Supplies for daisy card:
Stamps: SU! 'Daisy Lane' & 'Timeless Tropical' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Garden Lane' DSP
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron & Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, SU! ''Medium Daisy' & 3/8" circle punches, M&C Boutique stitched circles die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU!Mint Macaron linen ribbon, Dimensionals


Supplies for bees card:
Stamps: SU! 'Honey Bee' & 'Sending You Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Golden Honey' Specialty DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Daffodil Delight, SU! Basic Black marker, SU! Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends marker
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Bee' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon, Dimensionals


Supplies for vintage butterfly card:
Stamps: SU! 'Very Versailles' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Old Olive & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Stitched Shapes' die sets, SU! 'Butterfly Duet' punch
Embellishments & accessories: Tonic Studios Nuvo 'Midas Touch' Aqua Shimmer pen, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10