Wednesday 29 January 2020

Hearts Happy Valentine's Day Card

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave has issued a fun challenge to her January 2020 Facebook Class participants which is to use one of her January card layouts to make a Valentine card.  The layout I've chosen to work with is great for using patterned papers and I definitely could use help with using my stash of papers up! 

My card base is A6 sized made with SU! Whisper White Thick CS.  I used a sponge dauber to apply Poppy Parade ink to the patterned paper piece I glued at the top of the card and to the flowery heart.  I glued a strip of Basic Black CS across the join where the two papers meet.  To make the flowery heart I stamped the hydrangea image from the 'Beautiful Friendship' stamp set in Poppy Parade ink and cut the shape using a heart die from the 'Mini Treat Bag' die set.  I cut a plain Poppy Parade CS heart shape which I glued to a die cut Basic Black CS square, I popped up the square and then popped up the sentiment strip and the flowery heart.  To complete the card front I added a few Gold Faceted Gems.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  The 'with much love' sentiment comes from the SU! 'Tropical Chic' stamp set.  The full sentiment reads 'with much love and thanks' but I performed stamp surgery and cut the stamp apart to get versatility with the words.  I added small hearts to the sentiment label using the long ago retired SU! 'Heart to Heart' punch.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Beautiful Friendship', 'A Wish for Everything' & 'Tropical Chic' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Poppy Parade & Whisper White Thick

Patterned paper: SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Poppy Parade, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Layering Squares', 'Mini Treat Bag' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, SU! 'Heart to Heart' punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Gold Faceted Gems, Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10