Friday 17 January 2020

Merry Christmas Ornament Vellum Card

Every year I make a batch of Christmas gift tags to be used for the card group Secret Santa presents.  Some years I set homework by asking the ladies to make a card using their gift tag and I remembered this year!  Of course, I think it's only fair that I make a card with my tag!

Here's the gift tag.



I was inspired to make this 'card within a vellum card' after watching a YouTube video.  I like the idea a lot but I will say it takes quite a bit of card stock if you're fussy about covering up any adhesive - vellum being see through does present an adhesive visibility issue!

I made an A6 sized vellum card, made a smaller card using SU! Shaded Spruce CS and adhered that inside the vellum card.  I adhered a panel of patterned paper to the front of the Shaded Spruce card and decorated the front of the vellum card with the popped up ornament.  I made some slight alterations to my tag by adding on a few things - some extra red rhinestone jewels, a gold glitter ornament topper and some striped ribbon and sequin trim.


Here's a photo showing the 'card within a card' layout.


Here's the inside of the card with a stamped sentiment, patterned paper and a sprinkle of gold sequins.


Here's the back of the card with a panel of Shaded Spruce CS covering up the adhesive.


Here's the envelope where I simply covered the flap with the red patterned paper.


I was very happy to see that a few of the ladies brought along their homework - they'd all done a wonderful job, I forgot to take photos though!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' set
CS: SU! Shaded Spruce & Whisper White, Gold Glimmer Paper, vellum CS

Patterned paper: SU! 'Dashing Along' DSP
Ink: SU! Shaded Spruce
Tools: M&C Boutique holly ornament die from The Works, circle Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! striped ribbon, gold mini sequin trim, Real Red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, gold sequins

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10