Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas Card for Jan From Alan

Every year Alan asks me to make his wife Jan a Christmas card.  This is the card I made this year - I hope they both like it!  I took the colour scheme from the lovely My Mind's Eye Berries paper.

The card measures approx. 5 3/4" square and I used SU! Sage Shadow CS with Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White for accents.  The large snowflake is from the Serene Snowflakes set and I stamped on sage CS and again on the reverse of the patterned paper.  I've cut out the red portion and popped it up.  I've added a gorgeous brad to the centre of the snowflake.  I just designed a project for the UStamp with Dawn & Friends Year End Blow Out event and I got to choose some SU! goodies from the USA catalogue as a thank you gift.  I chose a stamp set and a pot of Antique brads that aren't available to us here in the UK.  I have a feeling these brads will be carefully hoarded but I was very happy to use one for a card for my good friend Jan!

I also used a new to me Martha Stewart border punch on this card.  It punches such a delicate design and I was a tad concerned it wouldn't cope with SU! CS all that well but it punched beautifully.  I also used Ticket Corner, snowflake, heart  and Photo Corners punches on the card.  I finished off the front with some white grosgrain ribbon, some deep red crystals with clear crystals on the small snowflakes.


Then, of course, I had to work on the inside of the card!  I used the same border punch, I know it's not Christmassy but it is gorgeous and Jan does love her fancy borders!  Some more patterned paper and a punched heart added to the sentiment finished off the inside.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Serene Snowflakes set, Personal Impressions Christmas Messages clear set, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Sage Shadow, Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye I Believe 'Berries'
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Sage Shadow & Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Martha Stewart border punch, SU! Ticket Corner punch, SU! Photo Corners punch, heart punches, X Cut mini snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique brad, white grosgrain ribbon, deep red crystals, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Zoe said...

This is lovely, I really like the colours and how you have decorated the inside of the card too! I am to tight to do the inside of mine!

01 09 10