Wednesday 29 December 2010

Joy CandleLight Sleeves

These are the sleeves I made to decorate our Philips Imageo CandleLights for Christmas.  I have taped the sleeves together, nothing is adhered to the glass.  That way I can slide the sleeves off and on when I need to recharge the CandleLights.

I used some of my fave old Basic Grey holly paper and have added popped up punched circles over the paper.  For the stamping, I inked up clear stamps designed by Paula Pascual for Personal Impressions, the fab Joyful Bubbles set.  I inked the edges of the vanilla circles.  To finish off I added a deep red crystal to the snowflake centre.


Here they are lit up.  I absolutely love candles and these look so realistic with a lovely warm glow.  I love that I can place them anywhere in the house without the risk of scorching anything - they are great for outdoors too.  Sadly, I have a bit of a reputation after scorching two lampshades at a friend's house after I lit some candles placed too close to the lamps!  These rechargeable CandleLights are perfect for me LOL!  I was so mortified and I've been extra careful with candles ever since.  Kevin was a very forgiving friend and has even allowed me to house sit and light candles even after the incident!


Supplies:
Stamps: Personal Impressions Joyful Bubbles clear set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Fruitcake holly paper
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk & Bamboo Leaves

Tools: Plain & scalloped circle punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Deep red crystal, 3d glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Fab sleeves, I had these for xmas too! I was just thing the glass tubes are crying out to be decorated! Have a happy new year! xx

01 09 10