Saturday 4 December 2010

Marina Bauble Merry Christmas

I really liked the card Joanne had us make at one of her Make & Take evenings using the Contempo Christmas set. On that card we used the fir tree from the Lovely As A Tree set as Christmas tree branches. As I have a tree branch stamp I wanted to make another card in the same design, but with a different colour scheme.

I really like having new SU! colours to use.  I have to say I didn't like many of the old blues but I love Marina Mist and I like it paired with Old Olive.  I pierced a hole and fed a strip of ribbon through and attached it front and back, I then popped up the bauble over the top after adding a bow to the bauble.  I added a strip of the same ribbon to the Old Olive panel before I glued it down.  I sprinkled some crystal ultrafine glitter on the pine branch - I love a bit of sparkle!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Contempo Christmas set, Hero Arts Real Pine
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Old Olive & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Marina Mist
Tools: SU! Ornament punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter, silver lurex ribbon, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you used the ribbon to hang your ornament. What a clever idea! And one that I will case for sure! Your card is outstanding!!

01 09 10