Thursday 3 March 2011

March Card Group Projects

Today was our March card group meeting and we made masculine cards - not my favourite cards to make but I thought I'd better make the effort at least once through the year!  When I told the ladies we'd be making cards for men I was asked if we could make a card with a car.  I have one car stamp that I've had for years.  To be honest, I wouldn't have chosen it myself but a friend bought the stamp for me 'cos he wanted me to make some cards with it.  So my vintage car stamp has got inky after years of being neglected.

I coloured the car with Watercolour Wonder Crayons, paper pieced the presents and popped them up.  I used a yellow Marvy pen to colour the stars.  I wrote in the V1N T4GE number plate with a fine black pen.  A very simple card, I just matted onto a black layer and added the sentiment cut out with square Nesties.


The second card is this one I shared a few days ago in this blog post.  This uses the lovely tree image from the Inkadinkado Utopiary set - with the curious butterflies heading underground at the bottom!  I didn't say anything about this and waited to see if any of the ladies would notice the butterflies.  Well, no-one did.  Should have gone to SpecSavers!


The third card is an A6 size twisted easel card made with the lovely SU! Day of Gratitude set.  I used Really Rust CS for the base.  I stamped the leafy medallion in Old Olive ink and rock and rolled in Really Rust ink.  I inked the leaf and acorns in Rust ink and rock and rolled in Chocolate Chip ink - the leaf and acorns are popped up.   

For the bottom of the card, I embossed dark brown Core'dinations CS with a woodgrain embossing folder, scuffed the embossing with fine sandpaper and matted it onto a More Mustard layer.  I stamped an acorn on vanilla CS, used a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the sentiment and then used petite oval Nesties to cut the vanilla and olive ovals.  The sentiment oval is popped up.


I added a simple vanilla panel stamped with a leaf to the bottom of the card.


Supplies for car card:
Stamps: Vintage car from unknown manufacturer, sentiment from Stampendous
CS: Craft Creations hemp textured square white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Bashful Blue Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! VersaFine Onyx Black, Marvy pens
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Watercolour Wonder Crayons, waterbrush
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads


Supplies for tree card:
Stamps: SU! Inkadinkado Utopiary clear set, sentiment from Wow Flowers set
CS: Anita's A6 cream card blank, SU! Always Artichoke & Chocolate Chip
Ink: VersaMagic Spanish Olive, Jumbo Java & Gingerbread chalk inks, SU! Early Espresso
Tools: EK Success Dotted Wave border punch, 1/4" circle punch


Supplies for twisted easel card:
Stamps: SU! Day of Gratitude & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Really Rust, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Really Rust & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Circle & petite oval Nestabilities dies, Craft Concept Woodgrain embossing folder, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads



Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10