Thursday 17 March 2011

Wall & Window You Make Me Smile - WT314

The WT314 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers today is Miles of Smiles.  What a perfect prod for me to use another of my neglected stamp sets - this time the SU! Window Dressing set.  I had a sort out in my craft room at the beginning of the year and set aside some stamps to sell.  I have a few sets, like this one,  that I don't want to part with but I know I don't use that often.  I really want to try to use my neglected stamps!

I bought a brick embossing folder at the weekend and I thought that would be ideal to partner with my window.  While I was in the shop I looked for some brick coloured Core'dinations CS.  What I found was too deep I thought so I chose a Cotswold sandstone type colour instead.  I embossed the piece of Core'dinations CS and scuffed the embossing with fine sandpaper.  I stamped the images on watercolour paper, coloured them with inks and a waterbrush and cut them out.  After stamping the arched sentiment I punched it out with a 1 3/4" circle, glued it flat to the card and added green star gems.  I then popped up the window image under the sentiment.  I added punched grass to the bottom and popped up the kitty.  I coloured this kitty the same colour as my older cat Tucker who is dark grey with white bits and has white paws and a white tipped tail.   I showed him the card - he didn't seem impressed LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Window Dressing set
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Core'dinations Cream-n-sugar CS, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Basic Grey, Pear Pizzazz, Bordering Blue, Blush Blossom, Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Creative Expressions 'Brick' embossing folder, Martha Stewart Grass border punch, SU! 1 3/4" circle punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig,  waterbrush, ceramic tile
Embellishments & accessories: green star gems, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

kelly said...

Tucker may not be impressed but I am, what I great little stamp set! xx

Pauline said...

What a wonderful scene, I love the embossing folder, I haven't seen that before. Your colouring is wonderful and I love that little girl peeping over the sill.

01 09 10