Wednesday 30 March 2011

Nostalgia Bird For You BRAK Card

Yesterday's CC316 colour combo challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was Certainly Celery, Marina Mist and Baja Breeze with a 'dessert option' to use a bird.  I seem to really like blues and greens together these days so I was happy to make a card with this lovely, soothing colour combo.

I started off with a side opening celery A6 card, a Baja Breeze embossed panel and some Certainly Celery ribbon.  I decided I'd use my Inkadinkado Nostalgia set - I love this set, it has everything you need to make a birthday card  - fab images, a lovely sentiment, decorative details and even a 'handmade' stamp for the back of the card.  SU! classic dye inks don't work well with Inkadinkado solid clear stamps,  I normally use chalk or Memento inks with them.  However, the images in this set are distressed and slightly grungy so it doesn't matter if the ink coverage is less than perfect.  Another reason to love this set, I can use my SU! inks! 

I also decided to try out a new embossing powder I bought recently - Wow White Pearl.  It turns your stamped image pearly and tones the ink colour down somewhat.  I inked the bird stamp with ColorBox Peacock pigment ink which is quite an intense blue - after embossing with the pearl powder I was chuffed to find it turned out really close to Marina Mist!  I used square Nestie dies to mat and layer and I've added silver brads and pale green crystals to the white square.  The lacy square is popped up.  I finished off the card front with a Marina Mist punched photo corner and I couldn't resist adding more of the gorgeous pale green crystals!


I then stamped the envelope flap and inside the card using more images and the birthday sentiment from the Nostalgia set.  The word 'Birthday' has a flower over the i - a perfect place to pop another crystal!  Another BRAK card added to my stash.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Nostalgia clear set, 'for you' from SU! Fresh Cuts set
CS: SU! Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Marina Mist & Certainly Celery, ColorBox Peacock pigment ink
Tools: Square, Lacy Square & Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, PaperMania Victorian Fleur embossing folder, SU! Photo Corners punch, SU! Mat Pack
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery poly twill ribbon, Wow White Pearl embossing powder, silver brads, pale green crystals, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue said...

Just love this card the colours are so lovely Luv Sue x

01 09 10