Tuesday 22 March 2011

Rosy Mini Thank You Cards

My eBay selling is ongoing and I've made a few more mini thank you note cards to pop in the packages.  I used the utterly fabulous large rose from the a Rose is a Rose set.  I had a fun time trying out different colour combos for my roses - some were yuck (Saffron and Pumpkin Pie - blech!) and some were yummy - loved Pretty in Pink and Ruby Red! 

I made the Pretty in Pink and Ruby Red rose card first, I think it turned out very Cath Kidston!  I like the clean contemporary look but after I'd finished it I wished I'd added a background stamp.  So I used my Antique Cracking stamp on the next three cards which are much more vintage and shabby chic looking.  It took me a while to find a nice yellow rose combo I was happy with - I finally got a subtle creamy rose using SU! Barely Banana ink followed by Memento Cantaloupe ink for the outline image.  I stamped the Antique Cracking stamp in Antique Linen on that card.


Next, I used Pretty in Pink ink followed by Rose Red ink for the outline.  For all the cards so far I used Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks for the leaves.  For the last card I used Pale Plum followed by Rich Razzleberry for the rose and this time I used Mellow Moss followed by Always Artichoke inks for the leaves.  I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp the Antique Cracking background on these last two cards.  I was happy with my soft, subtle yellow rose but I am loving the dramatic roses you get when you use more contrasting ink colours!


So what's better than a rose on a card? A ribbon rose brooch!  Amanda is giving three gorgeous ribbon rose brooches away on her blog.  Go here to read the post and enter the giveaway.  Good luck - but not TOO much, I have to tell you I want one in Rich Razzleberry LOL!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Michey said...

Wow, these cards are breathtaking! I love the extra shabby touch that the background stamp adds... positively lovely!

kelly said...

The yellow combo is definitely my fave, but maybe thats beacuse yellow roses are my favourite flower?!
great cards Ruth (as always) xx

Theresa said...

Hi Ruth,
I love these cards. Now, I wish I had bought that stamp when I had the chance.
Theresa in Kitimat

01 09 10