Tuesday 1 March 2011

Leafy Birthday Wishes For Jack

It's our friend Jack's birthday on Wednesday and this is the card I made for him.  I made a card a while back at one of Joanne's Make and Take evenings, the card can be seen on this post.  As I have the Autumn Splendor and Frames with a Flourish sets on loan from my sweet friend Jan, I decided to make a very similar card for Jack.  I tweaked just a few things from the original card - I used Old Olive here instead of Mellow Moss for the card base, I used a different border punch, added a Chocolate Chip strip, omitted the ribbon and used a different frame for the sentiment.  The leaves and frame are popped up.


Then I stamped the envelope and the inside of the card.  I stamped the frame, added the sentiment, stamped the leafy stem on a separate piece of CS, cut it out and glued it over the frame.  The leaf at the bottom was stamped direct to the vanilla panel.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Autumn Splendor, Frames with a Flourish & Sincere Salutations sets, inside sentiment Hero Arts
CS: SU! Old Olive, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Tools: EK Success Dotted Wave punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10