Tuesday 8 March 2011

Ornate Flower Birthday Wishes Card

There is a card in a wire basket pictured on page 80 of the UK SU! catalogue and I love it and wanted to make my own version.  I really love the colour combo of Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Marina Mist. Thanks to my lovely friend Jan who lent me her Ornate Flowers set I was able to make this card.

I started off by stamping the Bella Toile background stamp in Old Olive ink onto the top part of my Old Olive card and then I added the patterned paper and ribbon.  I then attached the torn panel, stamped flower panel and button.  I wanted to bring Marina Mist in again somewhere else on the card so I added a narrow strip under the patterned paper.


Then I decorated the envelope flap and stamped inside the card.  I always stamp my sentiments inside near the top but this time I threw caution to the winds and stamped it at the bottom!  After I'd stamped the flower it seemed that was the best place for it.  It feels good to do things differently now and again.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Ornate Flowers & Sincere Salutations sets, SU! Bella Toile background stamp, Hero Arts Fabulous Birthday
CS: SU! Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Marina Mist
Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon, SU! Old Olive flower button


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

Wow ruth, that really is a great colour combo, think I will try this one out for one of the many mothers day cards i'll be making. Didn't know I wanted this stamp set till now!

01 09 10