Friday 22 April 2011

Butterflies Bisque Pottery Birthday Card

I saw a video showing the Bisque Pottery technique on Diana Gibbs' blog, click here to go to the blog post.  You brayer the inside of an embossing folder with Crumb Cake ink and then emboss a piece of Whisper White CS.  It looks fab on Very Vanilla CS too.  Wow, I LOVE how it turns out and I couldn't wait to try it out.  I didn't have the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder at the time so I used the Cuttlebug 'Victoria' folder instead.  I didn't want to cover up the embossing too much with mat layers so I thought die cut butterflies would be ideal.  I do love the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die and I'm so happy I got it as a birthday gift.

I used striped glittered paper for the largest and smallest butterflies and for the middle one I used Razzleberry CS that I embossed with the Victoria folder.  I've added a pearly stamen doodad behind the large butterfly as antennae.  I then made a faux button for the centre of the butterfly using the Button, Button set and circle punches.  I pierced the button holes and threaded a strip of white CS through the holes.  I've popped Dimensionals under each layer of wings.  I love the new SU! Decorative Label punch and I decided to layer two part cut shapes for the sentiment.


I punched a Martha Stewart butterfly for the envelope flap and also decorated inside the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Wow Flowers & Button, Button sets, Hero Arts Fabulous Birthday
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: BoBunny Jazmyne Mist
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder, SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, SU! Decorative Label punch, SU! Photo Corners punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, circle punches, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive satin ribbon, pearl stamen doodad, SU! Dimensionals

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michey said...

Ruth, I <3 this technique so much and your cards are real eye-pleasers as always! Thank you for inspiring me this morning!

01 09 10