Monday 18 April 2011

Tulip Easter Cards

Here are a few Easter cards I've made with the SU! Terrific Tulips two-step stamping set.  I'm really enjoying the two-step sets and this one is lovely to work with!  I've made another two Easter cards using the set and they'll be appearing on the blog soon.  The first card is a 4 3/4" square and the colour combo is So Saffron, Mellow Moss and Whisper White with an Early Espresso stamped sentiment.  I embossed the card front, envelope flap and the photo corner with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I brayered Mellow Moss ink over the embossing on the envelope.  I added glitter to the tulips for a touch of sparkle.


The next card is a portrait oriented A6 size and the colour combo is Barely Banana, Certainly Celery and Whisper White with some black touches.  The butterfly is from another SU! two-step stamping set called Watercolor Minis.  I've added glitter to the tulips and to the butterfly.  I used a ticket corner punch on the white panel and then added silver nailheads.


The third card is another A6 size but this time landscape oriented.  The colour combo on this card is Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White.  The stamens and sentiment are stamped in black.  I stamped the Fern Lace background stamp on the Pear Pizzazz panel using the same colour of ink.  Oval Nestabilities dies were used for my image layer and mats.  I finished off the card front with punched photo corners and glitter on the tulips.  I stamped a row of tulips across the entire front of the envelope - it seemed a good idea to start with, not sure I'd do it again LOL!


Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

Ahh Ruth, how did you know that Tulips are my favourite flower?!
Love that added sparkle!
Kelly xx

Theresa said...

I love your cards, Ruth. I have this set, but have never used it. Maybe I will give it a try after seeing your cards.
Theresa in Kitimat

Laurie in MN said...

The Terrific Tulips set has always been one of my favorites. Love your cards.

01 09 10