Wednesday 6 April 2011

Springy Happy Birthday Card

I really wanted to make a flowery birthday card using pretty, springy colours and this card was the end result.  I started out stamping the leafy stem in Certainly Celery and three Petal Pizzazz flowers in Baja Breeze ink.  My pink flowers are from the One of a Kind set and were punched using the Boho Blossoms punch.  I then used Nesties for my image mat and layers. 

I made the card with Pretty in Pink CS and it measures approx. 5 3/4" square.  I added an Espresso mat and some patterned paper from last year's Sweet Pea stack.  Before gluing the Espresso panel down I added some blue satin ribbon.  I popped the flowers up with 3d glue dots and all have clear rhinestone centres.  The Celery lacy square is popped up.


Then I decorated the envelope flap and the inside of the card.  I really love the Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Baja Breeze combo with the white and the dark pop of Espresso!  Oooh, how exciting, Joanne has just delivered my SU! goodies, so I'm off to play with my new toys!


Supplies:
Stamps: Leafy stems from SU! Buds & Blossoms set, flowers from SU! Petal Pizzazz & One of a Kind sets, 'happy birthday' from Penny Black, inside sentiments from Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze & Early Espresso
Tools: Square & Lacy Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch
Embellishments & accessories: blue satin ribbon, clear rhinestones, 3d glue dots, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10