Saturday 30 April 2011

Die Cut Daisies Thank You Card

A thank you card for a friend made with die cut daisies and leaves.  I've had this square piece of leafy vellum in my stash for ages - years.  It has managed to escape my regular clear outs 'cos I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it but I never quite got around to using it on a card.  I came across it a few days ago and decided the day had come, it was definitely going to be used on a card!

The 5 3/4" square card was made using Pink Pirouette CS.  I glued just the corners of the vellum to a piece of Whisper White CS cut to the exact same size as the vellum, added Rose Red photo corners and attached this white panel to a Wild Wasabi panel with the brads pushed through the photo corners.  I die cut 3 large Rose Red and 3 small Pink Pirouette daisies, plus 5 leaf shapes.  I embossed the leaves with the Victorian Fleur embossing folder.  The flower is attached to the panel with a luxurious SU! Antique brad.  I added the sentiment and then glued the whole piece to the pink card base.


I then decorated the inside of the card.  I embossed the bottom of the white panel with the Victorian Fleur folder and I brayered Wild Wasabi ink over the embossing.  I added thin Pink Pirouette and Rose Red strips and then stamped the sentiment over the pink flourish.  The gorgeous flourish is from an Inkadinkado clear set - called Flourishes - and the sentiment is from a Hero Arts cling set called Friends are Treasures.



I then stamped the flourish on the envelope flap in Wild Wasabi ink and added the little bird, which is also from the Inkadinkado Flourishes set, using Rose Red ink.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Curly Cute set, Inkadinkado Flourishes clear set, Hero Arts Friends are Treasures cling set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red & Whisper White
Patterned paper: square of leafy patterned vellum
Ink: SU! Rose Red & Wild Wasabi, Memento Angel Pink
Tools: SU! Sizzix Daisies Bigz die, Sizzix Leaf #3 die, SU! Photo Corners punch, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage & Antique brads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10