Tuesday 5 April 2011

Chick & Daffodil Happy Easter Card

A little Easter card I made a few days ago.  The card base is Barely Banana and measures a tad over 4" square.  I embossed the card front with a polka dot embossing folder and rounded the top right corner.  The sweet image is from Elzybells and I stamped it on watercolour paper.  To colour the image I dabbed various ink pads onto a ceramic tile and picked up the colours with a blender pen.  I used a silver gel pen to colour the wings on the bee.  For the grassy bit at the bottom I used a couple of stamps from the SU! Watercolor Minis set to add some detail.

I used Pear Pizzazz CS for my contrasting layer and added a punched Banana border and a narrow Bashful Blue strip.  The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp I've borrowed from Jan.  To finish off the card I've added 3  yellow gems to the daffodil.


Supplies:
Stamps: Chick from Elzybells, sentiment Hero Arts, SU! Watercolor Minis set
CS: SU! Barely Banana, Pear Pizzazz & Bashful Blue, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, various SU! colours, Memento Dandelion & Canteloupe
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities die, Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border punch, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: yellow gems from Anita's gem wheel


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

Happy Birthday Ruth!!

Hav completely forgotten with all the excitement of my party today to post your card, I'm so sorry.
Will post it off to you today

Kelly xx

01 09 10