Tuesday 24 May 2011

Flower Sparkle Craft Tote

After making the crackled brooch a few days ago I couldn't wait to make something else.  I used the Fun Flowers die that I've got on loan from Jan.  I die cut two of the largest shapes, glued them together and applied a coat of glossy accents.  Once that was dry, I painted on a coat of the crackle paint.  After that was dry I sponged on some pink inks - Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo.  I also sponged on some Platinum Shimmer Paint.  It wasn't all that shimmery when it had dried, it looked more grey so then I decided to add some glitter.  I applied a coat of clear gloss varnish, sprinkled on the glitter and waited for it to dry.  Then I pierced a hole in the flower centre and fixed a Prima hydrangea bloom with a glazed brad.  The last thing was to glue a brooch pin fastening to the back.  I decided this would be the perfect accent to gussy up the craft tote I take with me to Make and Takes and Messy Days.  The front of the craft tote has a mobile phone pocket with a flap and that's where I've pinned my flower.


Here's a close up of my sparkly flower.  I can see I could easily get addicted to this, it's such fun! 


Supplies:
Stamps: None

CS: SU! Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose & Melon Mambo
Tools: SU! Fun Flowers Bigz L die
Embellishments & accessories: Glossy accents, Tim Holtz Picket Fence Crackle Distress Paint, SU! Platinum Shimmer Paint, clear gloss varnish, crystal glitter, Prima hydrangea blooms, Wild Rose Studio glazed brad, brooch pin fitting

Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

loving that crackled finish!
Kelly x

01 09 10