Thursday 5 May 2011

May 2011 Card Group Projects

We met for our May card group get together this afternoon and made these three cards.  The first one uses the lovely butterfly and flourish stamps from the SU! Strength and Hope set - and the gorgeous My Mind's Eye lace border stamp, can you tell I LOVE it?!  The lace and flourishes were stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I stamped the butterfly in Rose Red ink direct to the Pink Pirouette panel and then stamped again on a piece of vanilla CS so I could cut that one out.  Stamping direct to the panel means you get the antennae and then you don't have to cut those out, you can just cut out the wings.  I've put 3d foam pads with the backing paper still on under each wing so they'll stay popped up.  I think this design could be used for various occasions, I chose to make mine a get well card.  I took other sentiments so the ladies could choose their own.  To finish, I added pale pink pearls to the butterfly body.


The next card is a bright and cheery little number featuring that sweet birdie and lovely heart flower from the Sweetheart set.  The card is a side opening landscape A6 size made with Pacific Point CS.  I stamped the flower stem and heart direct to the white panel, I stamped the bird separately, cut it out, tucked his legs behind the punched grass and put a 3d foam pad behind the body.  I embossed part of the right side of the card with a polka dot folder to echo the dotty design of the stamps.  The scalloped border was made using the Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die.  The sentiment was cut out with a Labels Trio die and trimmed.  I added a thin Tempting Turquoise strip and some white grosgrain ribbon.  I rounded the right hand corners of the card.  The heart in the flower was punched from Blueberry Crisp patterned paper and is popped up.

 
The last card uses the beautiful lilac stamps from the SU! Blossoms Abound set.  The card is a side opening landscape A6 size made with Perfect Plum CS.  As I've been walking around our neighbourhood I've seen so many lilacs in bloom - and the smell is wonderful.  A house just up the road from us has a beautiful deep pinky red lilac right in the front of the garden, it overhangs the path and I just have to sniff a bloom each time I pass!  I stuck with a tried, tested and favourite colour combo of Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant with Very Vanilla.  The lilacs are stamped in Pale Plum and Perfect Plum, the stem in Pear Pizzazz and the leaves are in Old Olive.  After die cutting the vanilla oval, I overstamped it with the Linen background stamp using Crumb Cake ink and sponged the edges. The 'my friend' sentiment is the one that comes with the Blossoms Abound set,  but again, I took other sentiments so the ladies had a choice.

I love the look of a touch of glitter on the lilacs so I got out my almost full pot of Dazzling Diamonds but before I could apply it I'd knocked the pot over and it dropped to the floor, the glitter went everywhere!  The carpet, desk and I were covered in glitter.  I think our vacuum cleaner is still spitting out the odd sparkle!  I couldn't save any of it so I had to take a trip to the Glitter Pot to get some more glitter - not exactly a hardship, but so tempting, and you know I came home with more than just a pot of glitter!  So I sprinkled on the glitter, placed decorative die cuts in the corners and then added silver nailheads to the Labels Eight shape to finish the card off.  I know it's hard to see the linen and sparkle in the photo but you can click on the picture to get a larger view.


Supplies for get well card:
Stamps: SU! Strength & Hope & Sincere Salutations sets, lace border from My Mind's Eye Hattie 'Remember' clear set
CS: Anita's A6 cream card blank, SU! Pink Pirouette & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Rose Red, Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments & accessories: pink self adhesive pearls, 3d foam pads


Supplies for for you card:
Stamps: SU! Sweetheart set, sentiment from SU! One of a Kind set
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Martha Stewart Grass border punch, SU! Heart punch, Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: white grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads


Supplies for my friend card:
Stamps: SU! Blossoms Abound set, SU! Linen background stamp
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant & Crumb Cake
Tools: Labels Eight & petite oval Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Vintage decorative corner die
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous crystal glitter, silver self adhesive nailheads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth these are so pretty. I love the striking colors.. You did a fantastic job on both.. I hope you had a great Easter. Thank you so much for the card. I left a comment on that post too..:)

01 09 10