Friday 6 May 2011

Candles Twisted Easel Birthday Card For Mike

This is the twisted easel birthday card I made for our good friend Mike.  I cut a sheet of Pacific Point A4 CS in half lengthways to make the card so as it's the size of a normal oblong card it fits in a C6 envelope.  I used my Hero Arts Big Candles clear set.  I stamped the candles on Marina Mist CS using Not Quite Navy ink and the flames were stamped on So Saffron CS.  I cut out each candle and flame and I've popped up three of the candles.  I've added some silver nailheads for decoration.  The base has a piece of Blueberry Crisp patterned paper.  For the easel 'stop', I stamped a sentiment on Crumb Cake CS, punched it out with the SU! Decorative Label punch, layered a Not Quite Navy label (cut apart) behind and then popped it up.


I put a white panel on the bottom which I decorated by adding a stamped candle and patterned paper and CS strips.  I included "no-one can hold a candle to you!"  when I wrote the card - I know, very corny!  Mike is a very good friend, he's always complimentary about my cards and gives good, constructive design advice and he even laughs at my jokes!


Then I set to work on the envelope.  I added a patterned paper strip, stamped a birthday sentiment and a frame where I wrote the birthday boy's name.  It's not shown on the photo but I also added patterned paper to the diamond flap of the envelope.  Well, special friends deserve special treatment!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Big Candles clear set, Hero Arts 'good things', Best Wishes sentiment from 'Friends are Treasures' Hero Arts cling set, frame from My Mind's Eye Hattie 'Remember' clear set
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand & So Saffron
Patterned paper: SU! Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pacific Point & Not Quite Navy
Tools: SU! Decorative Label punch, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, Scor-Pal
Embellishments & accessories: silver self adhesive nailheads, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10